I’m running the London Marathon 2019 for Sense
And I’ll need your help
I’ve two goals:
- To finish my first marathon
- And most importantly, to fundraise £1,700 towards Sense
Let’s do it together. For Sense.
I’m really excited to share this news. On 28 April 2019, I’ll be participating in the even that has always been on my bucket list — Virgin Money London Marathon 2019.
Running a marathon is a big deal. Marathon is a long-distance race and has a distance of 26.2 miles (42.195 kilometres).
This will be my first marathon and I’m incredibly humbled that I’ll get to do this with Sense. I pledge to fundraise £1,700 towards the charity.
Sense supports living with complex disabilities. It unlock barriers to communication so everyone can enjoy meaningful lives – be it through speech or sign, touch or movement, gesture or sound, art or dance.
£25 donated towards Sense could help pay for colourful, textured sight and sound tubes. These tubes contain jingling bells, so a child who is deafblind can explore different sounds and sensations.
£50 could help pay for a set of five light-up sight and sound tubes for a child who is deafblind to help stimulate their vision and hearing.
£100 could pay for a visit from a Sense Children and Family Support Worker who can give invaluable advice and support to the whole family when they need it most.
£1,700 is a lot of money. But I believe if we come together as a community, we can do it.
To raise those funds, I’ll need your help. See my fundraising page here: justgiving.com/fundraising/MKruns262
Every penny counts and all donations are very much appreciated.
Please share widely that #MKruns262. Thank you.
- #MKruns262: My new challenge [18 November 2018]
- #MKruns262 update no. 1: Why I run [1 January 2019]
- Why volunteering matters: Good and Proper Tea, The New Black [1 February 2019]
- #MKruns262 update no. 2: Interviewing Sense CEO, Richard Kramer [6 February 2019]
- #MKruns262 update no. 3: Interviewing David Sawyer, a 2:40 marathoner [3 March 2019]
To keep myself accountable — and you updated — starting from December, I’ll be sharing monthly posts here on my training, favourite songs, and fundraising activities.
Current weekly milage goal: 30-40 miles
My week in training: 5 runs / 1-2 gym sessions
In addition: Forthrightly yoga sessions and occasional physio appointment.
My current running playlist
Because I run around five hours each week, I only try to listen to music during the harder sessions. On my easier runs, I listen to podcasts. Some of my favourite include:
- #FuturePRoof by Sarah Hall and Stephen Waddington
- Tim Ferriss Show
- How to be awesome at your job
- The Intelligence by The Economist
- TRAINED by Nike
Last updated: 3 March 2019